ECU Pirates kegerator tap handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
A friend of mine is a huge ECU Pirate fan and needed something other than the little plastic handle on his kegerator.

TapHandle.jpg

TapHandle-1.jpg

TapHandle-2.jpg

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
Nice, where does one get the hardware? Do all kegerators use similar hardware?

They should all be a standard 3/8-16 thread. There are quite a few places online that sell the top hat and ferrule. Rockler has a few as well.

Not sure what is on tap currently. He shot me that picture after he took it home and installed it yesterday.

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
What's funny is that this project started out as him asking me to turn a handle. I asked out of what wood and the response was that it didn't matter. He was planning to just paint it purple and paint ECU on the front. Yeah, not happening.

I had the hard maple and some purple heart already on hand from a cutting board project and he provided the medallion (a Christmas ornament), the top hat and ferrule.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Nicely done Carl! My daughter and her husband lived in Greenville for a while (too long for me!), and while still die hard 'Noles fans, learned to accept the well intentioned Pirates.
I like how you took a simple request and kicked it up a few notches.... well stories. Good stuff!

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
nice to see good work supporting my alma mater - thanks for not allowing another cheesy-purple-painted-object to enter the world!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
nice to see good work supporting my alma mater - thanks for not allowing another cheesy-purple-painted-object to enter the world!
Carl's rendition is classy... not purple nor painted!
Does that take away from it? (the classiness, I mean...):rotflm:

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
Actually I've been thinking of running a contest. Guess the beer on tap correctly and I'll make the winner a tap handle for free.

However given what he told me was on tap, I don't think anyone will ever win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors