DW735 planer blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
I use a lot of these blades. Usually just buy on amazon, although occasionally I get a good deal on multiple sets on Ebay. No one really discounts them much I'm afraid.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
It's the old razor strategy - sell the razor with a few extra blades cheap then sock it to em for refill blades. I was with my son at a store not long ago and he called my attention to a package with a razor and 5 blades that was cheaper than 5 refill blades sitting right next to it. Dumb dee dumb dumb... dumb

DavidF

New User
David
Hi David -

Did you ever try the Infinity blades?
http://www.infinitytools.com/products.asp?dept=1345
You talked about them in an old thread.

pete

I did use them for my jointer knives, but these are the first replacements for the planer!! 2 years I think.... Don't believe all you read on the web about the original blades only lasting "for a few board feet" maybe if you take off 1/8" each time, but normally, these seem just fine. And a doddle to set up - or not set up actually..

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I think DW improved the quality of the blades from the originals. I ordered our last ones from Infinity. I think they're a little better blade overall.

M2CW

Glennbear

Glenn
As I recall someone had several sets for sale in our classifieds but I think that was before the classifieds were updated. My latest Infinity catalog lists a carbide set but the price IMHO is obscene. :no:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
As I recall someone had several sets for sale in our classifieds but I think that was before the classifieds were updated. My latest Infinity catalog lists a carbide set but the price IMHO is obscene. :no:

Carbides are out of sight, but, I guess it all depends on how much work you do. I've never found the need for them in the type stuff we plane.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
I did use them for my jointer knives, but these are the first replacements for the planer!! 2 years I think.... Don't believe all you read on the web about the original blades only lasting "for a few board feet" maybe if you take off 1/8" each time, but normally, these seem just fine. And a doddle to set up - or not set up actually..

Huh...I've had the opposite experience. Even on the new blades I rarely get very far into a project without lines showing up....lots of them. I use the DW strictly for finish planing, and never take off more than .02 in a pass. I still go through a set per project. I'd ditch the thing but the finish when the knives are fresh is unparalleled.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Remember, you can loosen 2 of the 3 DW735 blades and shift each ~1/8in in opposite directions to cancel out the chip. Takes all of 3 minutes. I'm using the Infinity blades but I'm not putting long wide boards through it as a rule. I mainly plane my rough cut pieces and get very long life.

Glennbear

Glenn
Remember, you can loosen 2 of the 3 DW735 blades and shift each ~1/8in in opposite directions to cancel out the chip. Takes all of 3 minutes. I'm using the Infinity blades but I'm not putting long wide boards through it as a rule. I mainly plane my rough cut pieces and get very long life.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to give that a try before I filp mine over. The ridges I am getting are fairly small and this seems like it would work for me. :wsmile:

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
I haven't priced them yet, but I have seen them at Borg. You can get the 10% off Lowes coupon in the 2009 moving guide at the post office and that should help some.

Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors