Dust collector mod

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
My DC was taking up too much space so I raised the main unit and set the trash can under it.
Still have a couple inches clear of the lights.
2AE48B1D-9396-4436-9FAC-813B1AC9C855.jpeg

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
That was a bad move Mike! More space just means you will be spending lots of money to put a new toy into the new available space.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
You haven't seen my shop, with this mod I have room to walk through the shop without turning sideways and stepping over stuff. More room to come as I move things out and restack materials.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
You haven't seen my shop,

I thought it looked pretty narrow from your pic but maybe that's just my perception of it.

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
Glad to know I’m not the only one where space is so tight. I already eat up about 90% of my 2 car garage and took over another big chunk a few weeks ago with a large stack of Baltic ply that was scrapped from some hospital head wall templates that we used on a job. They told me to toss them but I was able to salvage about (40) 26”x32” pieces. Keep telling my wife it’s going to get made into shop furniture but she’s been around long enough to know it’s probably just going to be there for a while. Tough to knock out any projects with my 2 and 5 year olds bedrooms directly above the shop.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Nice to see a shop that looks like actual work occurs there. I know that some are just terribly neat and still get lots done but normally when I see a really clean shop, very unlike mine's typical condition, I assume it is just not used. This looks used - not bad but used.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Yes, people have to do what works for them. I have a small shop about 14 x 26 or so, no room for multiple dust collectors, not much time and what time I have has to be productive. Sometimes it is very bad, dusty, cluttered, messy, but I get stuff done and that is all that matters to me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS