Dust Collector Hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Someone on another woodworking forum mentioned Raleigh-Durham Rubber & Gasket Co, Inc. as an excellent source for quality DC hose. My understanding is that they sell the hose in multiple diameters and by the foot so you only have to buy what you need. I haven't used them but thought I would pass the information on in case anyone has an immediate need for some hose. I do not know what their prices per foot are. Their website is http://www.raleighdurhamrubber.com and they have locations in Raleigh (off of Highway 70) and Fayetteville. If someone has used them, please share your experience. Thanks.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cool............you mean Fayetteville actually has a source for something useful for a change. I haven't dealt with these folks yet but I think I am going to swing by to see what they have to offer. Thanks for posting that link Christopher.:icon_thum

D L

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
I've email them asking for pricing on 4" x 10' clear flexhose. Will let everyone know when I've heard back from them.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
holly crap!!!! I dont have to drive four hours to get something now? Im shocked,,Ole Fayettenam is moving along with the world.

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Just and an FYI... woodcraft has their 4" x 10' clear hose on sale for $12.99. That's $7.00 off their normal price and about as cheap as I've seen it anywhere. Klingspor said it was too low for them to price match.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Does anyone know of a state / local source for smooth wall clear flex hose? The last hose I bought was from Klingspoor and it is stiffer than my old joints. BTW, it was black and not clear. The clear seems to be much more pliable and naturally the smooth wall is better for collection.

MIke

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Smooth walled hose wouldn't stand up to vacumm. Either wire, ribs, or both prevent colaspe. That 4" aluminum dryer vent hose from Lowes will serve in place of 4" hose for SHORT RUNS- less than 5 feet. Oh yeah, I did original post on Raleigh Durham Rubber and Gasket on other site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors