Dust Collection on Dewalt 10" Miter Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I have a 10" Dewalt mitersaw.It has a fitting or port on the back of the saw for a dust bag.Ive never used the dust bag but have had my shop vac hooked to it.The fitting isnt very big maybe 1 1/2" at most and will get stopped up.It would be a lot better if the fitting were bigger I have to reduce the shop vac hose down to be able to make the connection. Is their a better way? I am just wanting to reduce the saw dust somewhat.

Brogan

New User
I'm not sure there's any benefit to using a larger hose due to the constraints imposed by the opening and rails - it's a fairly small opening/area.

IMAG0092.jpg

I have mine hooked up to my Ridgid vac and it seems to work okay - at least I haven't noticed any issues with clogging, etc.

IMAG0093.jpg

Where is the bottleneck on yours?

Brogan

New User
That adapter does look quite small - what is the diameter it steps down to?

I think the hose on my vac is around 1/1/2" so I was able to use a standard plumbing elbow and a flexi coupling.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I use a 1-1/2" to 2" Fernco connector on my miter saw's exhaust port and connect it to my mini-cyclone and ShopVac using the large hose. It works fairly well capturing most of the sawdust off the blade.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Not sure of your model, but on my 12" (model 705,) I use a "Big Gulp" connected to the DC. Photog originally published it YEARS ago on Woodnet.net. It was also featured in Wood Magazine.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
How are you using the adapter?
adapter.png

If the adapter is where things are getting clogged maybe you can cut the adapter and fit it *over* the dust collection outlet on the saw. I'm surprised it is collecting enough dust to get clogged, seems strange to me.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Jeremy mine is a little larger than this fitting.I actually cut the 2 smaller sizes off until I got to the one I needed.A hose comes from the small nipple that came with my saw and goes to this connector in pic which connects to my shop vac .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS