Dust collection hose help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Does anyone know where to get 6" flexible dust collection hose locally in the Charlotte area or a good online source?
Thanks,
Jim

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Travis Porter said:
For an online source that has what I think is good pricing www.oneida-air.com

Woodworkers Suppy in Graham I believe has it as well.

Jim, I have purchased flex hose from the Oneida source that Travis posted. I am happy with the quality of the hose as well as the service these folks provide.

D L

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
See the thread I just created under "Where Can I Buy or Sell" for a source in Raleigh and/or Fayetteville for DC hose. I haven't used this company but understand you can buy the hose by the foot. They might also ship to you.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Thanks for all the suggestions. Had a little trouble finding the 6" DC hose at several places (although 4" is readily available).
A WW buddy pointed me to Wynn Environmental out of Penn.
They had the hose that I wanted at a reasonable price and would ship a 10' section UPS which Oneida would not do.
They also sell a neat retrofit cartrige filter for single stage bag filters like my Grizzly. http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm
I would be curious to know if anyone has any experience with such a kit and any real world advantages.
Thanks again.
-Jim

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Ironically, I posted this same conversion in another thread yesterday. I have some experience with the filter but I went one step further by converting a single stage to a 2 stage cyclone using my 2 HP Grizzly DC. I eliminated the bags and replaced them with a 35 Gal trash can under the cyclone and the cartridge filter from Wynn. The advantage is signifigant in that the filters have much greater surface area (300 sq. feet vs 30 sq. ft.) which provides for much better air flow. I had the low micron bags from Grizzly on my DC before conversion and always had fine dust throughout the shop. The cartridge filter has made a major improvement in this area.

jtdums said:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Had a little trouble finding the 6" DC hose at several places (although 4" is readily available).
A WW buddy pointed me to Wynn Environmental out of Penn.
They had the hose that I wanted at a reasonable price and would ship a 10' section UPS which Oneida would not do.
They also sell a neat retrofit cartrige filter for single stage bag filters like my Grizzly. http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm
I would be curious to know if anyone has any experience with such a kit and any real world advantages.
Thanks again.
-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS