Durham Habitat for Humanity robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
I received this message tonight from the Durham Habitat for Humanity. Their secure tool storage was broken into and all of their power tools taken. I figured some of you might have a spare tool or two sitting around for a worthy cause. This is a great group who do really good things.

Thanks,

AAAndrew
Their email address is Habitat for Humanity of Durham <info[big ol' at sign]durhamhabitat[and then a dot]org>

Greetings from Habitat for Humanity of Durham,

It saddens us to report that on Saturday, December 5, Habitat staff and volunteers arrived on the worksite to find our "secure" storage container housing our construction tools compromised and ALL power tools missing.

We have reported the stolen items but....We need your help.

Please consider donating the new or almost new tools listed below:

7 1/4 inch circular saw
10 inch miter saw
12 inch miter saw
Reciprocating saw (Sawzall)
Power drills
We are so thankful and blessed by your continued support.

Habitat for Humanity of Durham | 215 N. Church Street | Durham, NC 27701 | US

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks for posting this Andrew. Very disturbing and sad news. Hopefully some of our members from the Durham area can pitch in.

Barbara

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Wow stealing tools is about as bad as stealing eggs from the egg shack. Wished I had some extra tools to donate, but I don't at this time :(

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That's terrible. I hear of people's tools being stolen all the time on job sites, but it's hard to think who would do that to HFH. :no:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dishonest people don't care who they steal from. If they have the opporunity they take it. Sad. So sad.

fergy

New User
Fergy
The Charlotte HFH parking lot has wound up as the meeting location for the day laborers in the area. They used to congregate across the street at the Home Depot, but they chased them off because they were milling through the parking lot and breaking into cars to steal stuff.

Perhaps they have the same problem there?

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
The Wake County Habitat for Humanity suffered the same fate a few years back. An article about that robbery was in the news. The next day (after the news report) we received an anonymous donation of power tools (a pickup truck full). Another place that has been good to us are the Home Depot and Lowes stores. Some stores have a line item in their budgets for donations, or charitable work. Durham H4H should try those stores to see if they have anything they can help with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors