Drill Bit set

Richo B

New User
Richo
Last week while attending an event at the shop of a conservator in Winston Salem I left with a drill set from Cleveland Twist Drill Company. The conservator, who I have been getting some additional training from, was giving away some of his old tools and I felt I should take something as he has an amazing collection. The drill set I took is the Home and Farm No. 26 in its original container. I looked this up on-line but most of the entries I found show the box with label but have no drill bits. This set has all the drill bits in each size. I wondered if it was the original set and it may or may not be. But each bit features the Cleveland logo on it.
Cleveland Twist Drill set_3.17.19_01.jpg

gator

George
Corporate Member
Good find, as long as it is not like Abe Lincoln's antique axe. A man went to buy an antique axe claimed to be owned and used by Abe Lincoln. Upon questioning, the seller told him that the head had only been replaced twice and the handle had only been replaced 4 times but other than that it was original.

George

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Cleveland Twist drill is a well respected company with a solid product. They were strong in sales to machine shops back in the day.

Richo B

New User
Richo
George I have a similar story regarding George Washington's axe which I tell regarding conservation.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS