Dresser(s) Completed

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I managed to finish matching dressers for a pair of my grand children. (As a good friend, Joe Scharle says....I am still building boxes.) I was really surprised that I went through about 90 board feet of 4/4 poplar with very little waste to complete these. Went in with no plan - just a picture provided by my second oldest daughter. Most all joinery was completed with 3/8" x 1 1 /2" dowels. Exception were the dust panels between each drawer where I cheated and used pocket screws to secure each panel to the carcass.

They were finished with two coats of primer and three coats of Sherwin Williams Proclassic.I

2020-11-19_11-17-11_120.jpg
2020-11-19_11-17-01_154.jpg

Tricky part will be delivery. They are certainly heavy!

Thanks for looking.

Wayne

build4fun

New User
Brian
Very nice! Your paint looks excellent too. I have only painted a few projects and was wondering if you have any advice on how to do it well?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Excellent finishing, delivery is easy ....................... just pick them up and get them there :p

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice! Your paint looks excellent too. I have only painted a few projects and was wondering if you have any advice on how to do it well?
Thanks Brian!

First off, finishing is not one of my favourite tasks on any woodworking project! I have found that when painting, a lot has to do with effective sanding of all surfaces. I like to prime prior to painting. Sherwin Williams proCessing acrylic enamel works well for me. It levels very well and coverage is good. On projects like these, I use a good 1 1/2" synthetic brush to cut in and then roll with a 4" mohair roller cover with a 1 /4" nap. Also, I have learned that several light coats is better than trying to lay down heavy coats. (Not in this case, but I do typically spray a couple of coats of General Finishes High Performance clear satin water based topcoat as well.)

Hope this helps.

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Wayne, a classic look that will never go out of style. Great job on the finish too, paint is not easy. You certainly got your mileage out of your Dowelmax jig!

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Wayne, very nice craftsmanship as well as a simple but elegant design! The finishes are especially nice.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS