dresser/changing table for grandson number 2

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I have not posted anything with pictures in a very long time but I will try on this. I have a dresser done for my Son and Daugher in laws first who is due to arrive in November. I promised a crib too and got the wood yesterday so it is next. They specified it be painted white and they like a stained dresser I made that is in their guest room so the design is the same. It is from a Woodsmith plan. The carcase is all plywood and I used Sandeply which was a bit of a mistake. I couldn't easily find maple the day I went to get wood and I should have looked harder. It is OK but maple would be smoother. I've sprayed better before too. Finish is white tinted Resisthane. Base is maple and oak and drawers are softwood, planned down and dovetailed. The top three drawers are fir taken from my 50+ house during a remodel. Inside finish is shellac. All carcase cuts were made with my track saw. I made a curb that is easily removable that is in the first photo. It is held in by a dado on the front piece and a couple screws in back.

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 124

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nicely done, Jim.

Do you mind telling us what issue of Woodsmith you found the plan? (I too have a request for one for from an expectant daughter.)

Wayne

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I will have to dig a little but I'll find it.

my messiness helped, no digging necessary. It is in Woodsmith 148 and is the nine drawer dresser. I narrowed it 2 inches at my daughter in laws request.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS