Door Handle Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Folks,

I am searching for some decent quality, contemporary door handles for interior doors (passage, privacy and dummy levers).
I am having a hard time finding anything decent. Apparently there are no local sources, and even on the net I can't find anything decent. So far the only good results I got was a set from some Italian source that would cost more than the doors. But at $120 that is out of the question.
I like to find a white (or brushed satin chrome/ss steel), simple lever set ( NOT knobs), need 19 sets.
Any help wil be appreciated.

Cheers,
Bernhard

sapwood

New User
Roger
:eusa_thin Fredp may be able to help. He's the resident pro on door hardware . . . but may not have seen this post. Shoot him a PM.

Roger

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Do you have a picture (cocktail napkin drawing ?) showing the sort of thing you are looking for ?

Since you can't find what you want, I'm guessing you might have a particular definition of "contemporary".

-Mark

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
not sure what you want. standard hardware is everywhere. look here and see if there is anything you can use. www.ralconsales.com schlage is decent hardware at a reasonable price. emtek is a little better but costs a lot more.[ 80 dollars and up! ] B&D bought out baldwin so I wouldnt go there. Its very pretty but not to good on the functional side.:wink_smil kwikset is pretty much crap as is wieser dexter and most of the low end stuff. If you go with schlage it can be had anywhere. the best selection may be at the link provided but the best price would prolly be the borg. I may be able to get these at or slightly above cost but the shipping or delivery would negate any savings.

fred

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Thank you for the responses. As was pointed out I should have attached a sketch/picture what I am looking for. Problem is I don't have a set idea. I am looking for a simple, almost commerical looking unit. I do not like anything ornate.
I did look at the Emtek, they are closest to what I want, but the particular model ran about $121 per unit...a bit much.

Fred- thank you for the link, I wil stop by that place.

Soooo I am still looking.

Cheers,
Bernhard

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Bernhard, I looked at a few sources I had, and was shocked to find that they don't actually have door hardware. had just never looked for it with them before. so, I offer to you Levers at HandleSets As I read your description, a basic lever, you will find it there.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Pete,
Thank you for the link. They do have some what I like...but at what price!
10PRStainlessSteel.jpg

That is $75 for passage door!! Brand is Omnia. Omnia is Latin translation: all. I guess that means it will take ALL my money.

That is 10 six pack equivalents or 1/2 of a small Festool sander.

But at least I found now something I like.
Cheers,
Bernhard

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Bernhard, during our remodel a couple of years ago, we found contemporary handles at Doorware, Inc. www.usdoorware.com

It seems there are more choices if you look at "commercial" handles rather than "residential".

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS