Does this count as a woodworking accident?

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I have a large piece of cherry that was intended to be fire wood but because of it's unique shape I decided to try to make a table from it instead of burning it. I scraped away all the dead outer wood and wire brushed it and sanded it and was satisfied with it. But... I left it sitting in the middle of a concrete slab beside my barn instead of moving it over to the side. Later that night I walked right into it in the dark rolling the skin up on my shin. After a brief pontification about the pain I went in the house to see the damage. I have 2 large spots with missing skin. One is still oozing. It took guaze and tape to cover it. This was Tuesday night. I don't have pictures but you wouldn't want to look at them anyway.
I guess the lesson I learned was to put things away when I'm though with them!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
It's a wood accident, not a woodworking accident. It doesn't count, therefore you couldn't be hurt. Any damage to your body is just a figment of your imagination :)

Ouch, sounds painful! Sometimes the simplest of operations (i.e. walking) can hurt us the most. Hope things heal quickly!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
LOL I call that age ............ Ok, when I was in college, my parents lived on a ranch. They were the last power pole on the grid.

I was out of gas in car(wouldn't start cause it was parked on a hill. MY dad said, just get the gas from the wood shed. We walk out there forget the the flashlight, no problem, I kick around to where it's normally at, Bingo! here it tin ring when kicking, lean over to get it and BAM! leaned in the ax handle right in to my eye socket thus bruising 1/2 my face black n blue and swells the eye shut. The next day no one would believe that story, so by the end of my 1st day back the story everyone believed was I was in a fight and someone got killed... :rolleyes: ......... no ........ I was lame Casey - 0 Ax handle - 1 .........

So, now I always blame it on age, it feels better than Wow that was lame.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Trailer hitches have gotten me more than once. And... I usually end up blaming the wife for my clumsiness as it is her truck and her hitch. Not good. I get hurt and mad at the same time.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
It's a wood accident, not a woodworking accident.

That's good to know. My current record of 15 years with no accidents (or trips to the hospital) stands!
I'm healing nicely but looks like I'll have a scar.

My camera isn't working so I'll try to get my daughter to take a couple of pictures of the log/culprit. But I'm not taking any pictures of the wound.

Reactions: Bas

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS