Do you have surplus wood?

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I'd like to find some surplus wood for sale from an individual. I'm still learning and don't want to screw up the good stuff. Poplar would be great. No particular sizes in mind, but I do already have a lot of nice cutoffs. Raleigh/Cary area.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have some but it is in the rough. You would have to plane and joint. Maple and oak, 4/4 x 5 x 100 to 150

kelLOGg

Bob
Senior User
I have rough cut pine from my sawmill that I need to move to make more room for more lumber from my mill. It is described on CL:
I would give a NCWW member a substantial discount.
Bob

Last edited:

agrieco

anthony
Corporate Member
I have rough cut pine from my sawmill that I need to move to make more room for more lumber from my mill. It is described on CL: <removed>
I would give a NCWW member a substantial discount.
Bob
@kelLOGg - I think you used your Craigslist 'posting link', not the public one. That would allow for someone to edit/delete the post. might want to edit.

Last edited:

kelLOGg

Bob
Senior User
Whew! Thanks for the warning. I corrected it.

In your response you quoted me so the manage link is still available. Can you edit it out?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
@kelLOGg - I think you used your Craigslist 'posting link', not the public one. That would allow for someone to edit/delete the post. might want to edit.

How did you know that and how was it corrected? What is the "public one"? I don't use Craigslist but I'm curious.

kelLOGg

Bob
Senior User
Jeff,
When you post on CL they send to your email address a "pre-post" containing links that enable one to edit the ad, repost and an agreement that the sender has read and agreed to the rules CL has established. Anyone who has access to this "pre-post" he can make changes to the ad. After the conditions are agreed to then the final or public ad is posted. I accidentally posted the "pre-post" so anyone who was so inclined could interfere and make changes. Anthony saw the options to edit the ad and knew I had posted the wrong thing and alerted me. One can edit their own post in NCWW so I removed the incorrect link in the CL ad I then posted the correct one. It is easier to do this than to explain it. Hope this helps.
Bob

Last edited:

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Phil and Bob, I don't have a jointer or a planer or a place to put them at the moment. I may still want to take you up on your offer for the future.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors