DMT 8" Diamond Sharpening Kit

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
I took a sharpening class with @Jim Wallace last year. During the class we got to try a variety of different stones used for sharpening. My favorites were a set of DMT diamond plates, ranging through extra coarse, coarse, fine and extra fine. These are normally about $100 each if bought separately. Sharpening Supplies has a set of four on sale for $199 with free shipping. I just ordered a set. Each plate is 8" x 3".

Last edited:

Lancifer

New User
Lance Parrish
I've been eyeing these, I discovered my current cheaper diamond plate isn't as flat as I thought. It's so much faster and more conveinent than my old water stones though, so I don't see myself going back.

Last edited:

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
They tell you on the website the total is $331 if you purchase each separately. My estimate of $100 each is a bit off.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
DMT also make a 6” stone but they have the dot grid pattern. I’m wondering if anyone has use both these and the 8” version. I’m just wondering how they compare other than the size.

J_Graham

Graham
Corporate Member
I'll second that question. I was looking at the 2 stone kit for $89? A little more financially available for me.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hope you don't mind an assist. "swarf" it is. I like that word.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I don’t know, I think I have a Dwarf in my shop. He keeps messing up my work!

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'll second that question. I was looking at the 2 stone kit for $89? A little more financially available for me.
Graham - (@J_Graham) please note that the 2-stone for $89 are the 6" X 2" "stones" not the 8" X 3"... (PLEASE don't ask how I was able to pick up on this so quickly.... :rolleyes:

BTW - the one thing I noticed was FREE Shipping!! That makes this deal SO much sweeter!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS