DIY countertop

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I finally jumped into a fairly invasive home remodel - converting a living, dining, formal living, and kitchen into one big great room.
Interior walls removed, ceiling raised, new skylights, vintage wood flooring, all new led strip lighting, shop-built cherry cabinets
and countertops.
The countertop wood has arrived from Irion Lumber in Northern PA. 8/4 quarter sawn cherry - my great (8) grandmother may have planted this tree.
IMG_6105.jpg
IMG_6107.jpg

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Phil, that is beautiful wood, it is going to make some stunning countertops! With wood like that I would have to measure two, three, maybe four times before I would make a cut! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Holler if you need a hand. I'm around on weekends and my company does mandatory C-19 tests every two weeks. Last one was Tuesday (negative)! BTW, that's some crazy looking stuff! Wow, I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm going to do something similar to what you're attempting. I'll probably wait until I retire to take this on. I have to live in my house too!

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Looking forward to seeing the progress and final pics. It's funny how QSWO gets so much attention, but it seems that nobody ever talks about Quarter Sawn Cherry when cherry has nice ray flecks as well.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Th only thing that beats that is curly cherry (rare, rare, rare!)

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ambitious project, but as someone else said, we know you're up for it. Great looking wood.

DavidP

New User
David
That’s beautiful! I look forward to seeing the finished counters. Glad you are going with Waterloo, it would be a shame to finish those with anything but a good oil finish. They will be stunning.

If you have scrap disposal issues, I will drive to Raleigh for off cuts for turning

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS