Willem
Corporate Member
Day 1

C566656E-0D6C-476F-9A13-9D53DBABD205.jpeg

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Day 3

Face frames done, then a cut list for all the stiles and rails, which will be inset. Cut all the pieces, ready to mill to exact size.

Upper will have glass doors, lower doors and drawers.

Pleased with the Red Maple, lots of Ambrosia.

This is where the time goes, 52 pieces which need milling to exact size, before they go to the shapers.

Case with face frames:

Case.jpg

Stiles and rails, rough cut

Stiles rails.jpg

Ambrosia.

Ambrosia.jpg

Trey1984

Trey
User
Going to be really nice! I really like the ambrosia maple. What is the actual cabinet made of? Looking forward you seeing the finished piece.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Going to be really nice! I really like the ambrosia maple. What is the actual cabinet made of? Looking forward you seeing the finished piece.
The casework is domestic (Murphy) 1/2 natural Maple B2 ply. Joined with dado for the case and pocket for the face frames. The case externals will be covered with rail and stile end panels. The lumber is Red Maple, with Ambrosia figure. Finish will be Sherwin Williams clear Pre-Cat medium rubbed.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Thanks for the wip pictures Willem. That's a good looking case. Did you go hunting for the ambrosia figure or was that a happy surprise? I'm impressed with how clean the shop looks.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Thanks for the wip pictures Willem. That's a good looking case. Did you go hunting for the ambrosia figure or was that a happy surprise? I'm impressed with how clean the shop looks.
My supplier, Hood Distribution Raleigh had Ambrosia in stock. I think I paid around $1.95 a BF. Things are different now, prices for everything has gone up.

About my shop, I had good intentions of making it nice, neat and impressive. That never happened, since the power went on it has just been swamped with work. Maybe one day.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
It still impresses me that anyone can make face frames that actually fit correctly on the carcass.

Reactions: Bas

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
This is done, but has to be assembled on site. Waiting for the builder to finish floors. Will post final pics when done.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors