Direct Tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Anyone know anything about the Direct Tools store in the Mebane Outlet mall? Just found out I'm taking a trip over there with the wifey tomorrow.:BangHead: Might as well check it out...better than watching her look for clothes she never buys:dontknow:

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I bought a reconditioned Ridgid oscillating spindle sander there for $104.00 plus tax when they had their grand opening. The only thing that indicated it wasn't new was a bit of light scuffing of the top surface.

You can't find used ones on CL for less than $175-200. I'm pretty happy with my shopping experience, but the store is pretty small and the selection varies.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Just got back. Most of the tools at Direct Tools are reconditioned with about a 30% to 40% discount from retail. I picked up a small reconditioned Ryobi portable drill with 2 Li batteries, charger, and case for $55. It retails new for $79. They had a reconditioned Ridgid heavy duty portable table saw (that sells new for $500 at HD) for $349. All their reconditioned tools come with a 1 year warranty and a 7 day return policy. The store was kind of a mess since they were re-arranging so it was hard to see everything. The sales lady was very knowledgeable and helpful. I'm eying the table saw and a scroll Ryobi 16" scroll saw ($69)

Direct Tools is owned by TTI, Inc. (http://www.ttigroup.com/) which also owns Milwaukee, Ryobi, Homelite, Hoover and a few others.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Get on their email list and you'll get very good discount coupons and advance sale announcements. We're not happy they closed the store in Concord:gar-Cr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS