Direct Tool Store -Mebane Tanger Outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Yesterday the new Tanger Outlet opened. My wife won a $1,000 Tanger gift card (gloat) from radio station WCHL contest, so I accompanied her to carry her packages. There is a Direct Tool store there that was interesting. Most, if not all, of the merchadise were factory reconditioned with a 1 yr warranty. Many of us have the Ridgid spindle sander that sells for $200 at HD and I have never heard a complaint about it. They have that reconditioned sander for $139. Yesterday, and I believe all this weekend, they had an additional 25% off everything in the store. I didn't spend much time in the store (as I said I had to carry the packages for the shopaholic) but the store is well stocked with a variety of items, both woodworking and non-woodworkings tools, generators, vacumn clears, etc., etc., etc. I don't know your opinion of reconditioned tools, but if you aren't opposed to them, this store would be a good place to spend some time.

Last edited:

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I was driving by today so thought I would check it out. Traffic was terrible. I did a u-turn first chance I got and never made it to the mall. Not sure if something else was going on but avoid going on a weekend.

BSHuff

New User
Brian
Oh no. I only live 4 miles from the outlet.

Oh no. Where are my car keys???

Jim

Based off the news, I would say that you should just walk! That and you might be able to rent out your front yard for parking....:rotflm:

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
It opens at 11:00 today. It's only 7-8 miles from here on 70. I'll check it out...

...I got there about 15 minutes before it opened and was just able to find a parking spot. I got the aforementioned Ridgid oscillating sander, a 12-pack of Porter Cable forstner bits, a Ryobi 18v detail sander, a Ryobi 18v light, a Ryobi 18v drill and circular saw set with charger, and an extra 18v battery all for $250 with the extra 25% off.

Last edited:

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
...I got there about 15 minutes before it opened and was just able to find a parking spot. I got the aforementioned Ridgid oscillating sander, a 12-pack of Porter Cable forstner bits, a Ryobi 18v detail sander, a Ryobi 18v light, a Ryobi 18v drill and circular saw set with charger, and an extra 18v battery all for $250 with the extra 25% off.
:icon_cheers

um dang. I'm gonna need to drive down from Hickory when I re-coupe from the $$$$$ I spent at the Klingspor's show.

geewha

New User
Gerry
This new outlet will be crazy till Christmas and into the new year. Probably be wise for us older shoppers to wait awhile to head out there. maybe go early during the middle of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS