Digital Work Tunes Ear Muffs at Rockler $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Great deal...ten dollars better than Amazon, plus free shipping on orders over $35. Just ordered a set plus a couple of incidentals.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I read some of the reviews about the reception and am wary.

Last edited:

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
Can you really hear music or news with these while tools are roaring? I'm thinking when the DC is on and the thickness planner is screaming and everyone in the house is telling me to be quiet will these still work? I like the price but don't want to waste the bucks.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I had a pair, can't remember the brand but paid around $40 at the time and they were terrible. Every time I put on a machine or a piece of powered equipment I got a ton of static. They finally ended up in the flea market box and were sold for about $5 that fall. I prefer a good set of ear plugs or my shooting ear phones with no radio or music. I need to have full attention on the machines I am working with at that moment.
I do use my shooting ear phones and my ipod ear buds under that for the music when riding the mower cutting grass.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I've got a pair so you're welcome to come to my shop and try them out. The ear muffs block the noise and the speakers inside the ear muffs are crisp and clear. I don't have any issues with radio stations. I used to have the analog set but wore them out. These are digital and IMHO much easier to tune in a desired station.

DanR

New User
Dan
These are rated for 22 decibels reduction; I like 30 decibel reduction with no built in electronics and earbuds underneath if I want music.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I have several pairs of this same model. I don't have any issues with radio stations nor static from machines. We wear them at Nascar Races and working in the shop, I love them. I also wear them cutting grass and hear the music just fine. Jim

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I've had several radio/hearing protectors over the years. They all worked fairly well. In the shop I find that if I'm doing something requiring hearing protection I need my full attention on what I'm doing without any distractions. That means no music or such. If I don't need the hearing protection then the shop stereo on speakers is what I use. So, I find that I really don't use headphones or earbuds in the shop at all.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
The suggestion above using my Bluetooth headphones under my normal ear mufs, just stopped me from pulling the trigger. Now why didn't I think of that.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Agreed. ....22 db reduction ain't so great

Not great but not bad either, 22dB does nonetheless provide a roughly 99.3% reduction in power level and a greater than 90% reduction in amplitude. So, while 30-40dB is certainly better, it is still a vast improvement and a considerable reduction in sound pressure levels and will still offer a considerable improvement in hearing safety for many applications (and infinitely better than no protection).

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member
I love the ones I have. One of the best investments I have ever made. I use them all the time, often when I don't have any machinery running I will still have them on. Even at only 22dB reduction they still bring the noise down to acceptable levels and you can still hear the machinery running. If the saw starts getting overloaded you can hear it. I do sometimes forget to turn off the shop vac because I don't hear it running.

Another great thing about them is that music calms me down when things aren't going to plan and I get aggravated. I pause for a few seconds, listen to the music, and continue on with the project. As they say music soothes the savage beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS