different profile question :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
No, this post is not about my bb id profile...I want to know where you get inspired to create profiles in the edging of your projects..aka mouldings. I have been piddling around with some simple projects and it is time for me to take it up a notch. I am getting ready to try my hand at making a case for a clock.

The top and bottom of the case will have a moulding that I will cut into the top/crown with a router. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for putting a couple profiles together...or just found one bit that they really like for this. I plan on having about 1 1/2" of wood edging to work with (which will be 2 3/4 pieces of tiger maple glued together.)

If nothing else, hopefully, this will give some of you an opportunity to show off some of your work...I would like to see examples :icon_pira

thanks...
Chris

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I am still learning, but I check out furniture I see in stores, others houses, etc. Several of the magazines have articles occassionally as well. I have historically stuck with chamfers, round overs, and coves sometimes combining multiples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS