Did anyone moderate this post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Did anyone throw this post into moderation? I noticed multiple posts in the same thread. I think this is the same guy that was looking for a source of wood to export a few weeks ago.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
yeah, he has been hanging around for a while... that thread was in moderation before I came on this morning... Some good looking work! confused as to why it is in moderation, he has been around for a while, and I would think we have long been aware that he is from Korea?

MikeH

New User
Mike
I don't see any reason the first post is in moderation. He's been a member for almost a year. Since it's my forum to moderate I've taken the first post out of moderation and deleted the 2 other posts.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
He is a complicated member. He joined a while ago looking for information on Festool. I believed he was allowed to complete registration because we thought that he would get his information and likely fade away. He has made occasional infrequent posts, originally about Festool products, then looking for a wood importer/exporter, and now showcasing some work from his woodworking school. I believe he has good intent, but what kind of a message does this give to folks who are in this country but not NC residents that are denied membership. And how do you withdraw membership from someone who has officially registered, and has played by the rules :eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Sorry - good move putting one of the posts back up. I saw multiple posts and it looked like spam, and I have a hair trigger for spam. The other posts must not have had the attachments...? I don't remember seeing the pics this morning. Maybe I was low on coffee at the time.

MikeH

New User
Mike
He is a complicated member. He joined a while ago looking for information on Festool. I believed he was allowed to complete registration because we thought that he would get his information and likely fade away. He has made occasional infrequent posts, originally about Festool products, then looking for a wood importer/exporter, and now showcasing some work from his woodworking school. I believe he has good intent, but what kind of a message does this give to folks who are in this country but not NC residents that are denied membership. And how do you withdraw membership from someone who has officially registered, and has played by the rules :eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin

Excellent point Dave!

Monty I hope I didn't overstep my bounds.

Monty

New User
Monty
Yea DaveO - I can't remember how he managed to stick around. I must have been short on coffee that day, too.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I am going to chime in here a little late but anyway. I saw it this morning and I was not sure who would know what to do so I merged all three threads into one and had it set so the 2 without pics would disappear in 1 hour. I wasnt sure if Mike was able to get on during the day or not. At the show I was asking Steve and he said if you see something that needs to be done do it so I did Hope that was ok
If not tell me

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am going to chime in here a little late but anyway. I saw it this morning and I was not sure who would know what to do so I merged all three threads into one and had it set so the 2 without pics would disappear in 1 hour. I wasnt sure if Mike was able to get on during the day or not. At the show I was asking Steve and he said if you see something that needs to be done do it so I did Hope that was ok
If not tell me

Way to go "new guy", that is exactly what you should do, and you did it very well:icon_thum. I like the thread timeout aspect...great job :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I know this may sound a bit hard core, but I have to agree with Jon. There are loads of folks all over the world that would be terrific members. We have chosen to be a North Carolina group.

Should we have a "guest" door into the site? ... one that allows a post if approved by a mod or admin? (or would this turn into a Herculean Labor?) Maybe a limited time post with no threads / posts attached to it? Do I just need to go drink more coffee?

Ray

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm going to chime in hear about this membership. Please understand that I am giving an opinion not a formal directive.

First, and foremost, we do not have to explain to the world why we make exceptions for some people. The registration form provides a space for people who are members to justify or plead their case. And sometimes we make an exception. This was one of them, inadvertent or not.

What kind of message does it send if we allow someone to join for this long and then get rid of him just becuase he made a very interesting post.

Also, I have always been of the opinion that a few interesting outsiders add something to the site and really doesn't hurt.

Additonally, if you guys think it appropriate, we can give out of state'rs a different title. Say
Honorary Member or associate member.

My $0.02

M

McRabbet

I agree that if we are going to make exceptions to the geographic restrictions, then we should have a different Membership category to address them -- I agree that 'Associate Member' is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS