Did anyone else receive the wrong order from lee valley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plcrawfo

Philip
User
And if so, was it a few saw files and some bed bolt covers? Seems out of four items ordered, I only received one correct item. If you're looking for drill bits, router bushings/bits, and incra rulers...I might have yours!

I guess it's due to the "free shipping event" but this is my third order from lee valley and the second one that has been seriously incorrect. I'll agree they've got great customer service, and great products...but it's a little frustrating receiving multiple incorrect orders (and being disappointed they weren't in Charlotte last weekend!)

Regardless - I hope some other folks here got some much needed (read: expensive) goodies with free shipping!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear you had a problem with Lee Valley. I just received two orders today and both were right. I have ordered from them many times without any problems - hopefully you will not have any more problems

pviser

New User
paul
I've been using Lee Valley quite a bit lately, including about four times in the last month. My only problem was that one of the four orders was woefully underpacked and all three items suffered cosmetic damage. My thinking is that one person had one bad day when they packed my order. Overall, I have been pleased with Lee Valley, particularly their selection of hand tools at all price levels.

hymie123

Jim
Corporate Member
I ordered a twin screw vice from them recently. The only problem I had was the shipping box was mangled when I received it. Much to my surprise the vice box inside was perfect. I would have thought they would have packed the order better.

Hank Knight

New User
Hank
Lee Valley must be having some problems in their shipping department. I received an large order from them on Thursday. Instead of sending me the 26 drawer pulls I ordered, they sent me 26 plastic jigs for attaching cabinet hardware. The invoice had the right description and part number for the pulls, but somebody put 26 of the wrong item in my box. Also, there were two boxes of drawer slides in the order. One box was loosely packed and arrived almost totally destroyed, but the slides appear to be undamaged. In all fairness, the drawer pulls are very heavy. The other box was well packaged and arrived intact. I've been ordering from Lee Valley for years and this is the first time I've ever had an issue with their shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS