Dewalt sale

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Any thoughts on the sale of 14 Dewalt tools, by GEIDSl, for $79.99. To good to be true? I do not need this but it would make a good gift.

Just did a search and there is a company by this name but they do not sell tools.

Last edited:

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
There are plenty of scams in this world - and this is certainly one of them. You do need to keep a somewhat realistic filter when viewing these types of ads. $80 wont/ will barely buy 2 Dewalt batteries, let-alone their entire tool catalog. Caveat Emptor.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I did a Google search for GEIDSl. It didn’t find it but it found a couple articles on DeWalt & Milwaukee tool scams.

Scamers everywhere. I recently sold a dining set on FB Market place. Just seconds after I posted it I got 4 people telling me they wanted to buy it. All their FB profiles were started very recently, and most from other countries.

Also don’t ever use Zelle to pay unless you know the person. Zelle does not have fraud protection.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Lowes has a big sale on Dewalt tools going on now. For the past few years, in Jan. Dewalt has cut their prices back on many items. (20%-30% or more). Probably will see these prices on Amazon now. Sales in the past have only been for 2 or 3 weeks. I picked up a 20v impact driver with two 1.5ahr batteries and charger for $99 (normally about $150) on Monday. Note to vets: The 10% discount will not apply for these sale prices. Two years ago I picked up a 12" miter saw for over $100 off. This is the time of year to buy Dewalt tools.

Don't know anything about GEIDSI, but there is a big discount on Dewalt right now.

Rob in NC

Rob
Senior User
Since I've been equipping my shop of late, I've come across a lot of 'questionable' sites out there selling tools cheap. A good tell-tale is to look up the address listed on the site on Google Maps. I've found many sites that the address shows a vacant lot or a random house in the middle of nowhere.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors