Status
Not open for further replies.

fgarvin

New User
phr3d
Saw this on SlickDeals.

NewEgg is selling for Toolking the
DeWalt D27905 10-Gallon Dust Extractor Vacuum

Price wise, it is about $60 lower than the lowest I've seen in the past few months. About $100 less than street and about $300 less than HD.

I don't know how good of a Vacuum this is. I would love to know how it compares to a Festool or/and a Fein especially at this price.

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
Always though about getting one and/or something like it.

Just as a hobbyist it's hard to justify. You can get a HD or Lowes shop vac during the year (like black friday) for $29 which borders on disposable or at least the same as the cost of the (often) included 2 paper filters.

So at $199 I don't know if it's worth more than 6-times the cost of an admittedly much less featured device that doesn't actually touch the wood you are working on.

Also need to add, I realize the long term advantages of better dust collection. But costs are what they are.

Any comments?

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
I have to make comment on this deal ,several years ago I was in the Dewalt R&D lab in Baltimore and they were in the process of development of a series of shopvacs.If this is like the one that was in use that day then it is worth every penny of $200.It was so quiet compaared to the *rap at Lowes that you had to lean down near it to hear it.It had super suction ,variable speed ,and the tool controled 115Volt outlet.Compared to the high end vac's it is a **** of a deal.
Greg

Tommy Smith

New User
Tumblweed
I have to make comment on this deal ,several years ago I was in the Dewalt R&D lab in Baltimore and they were in the process of development of a series of shopvacs.If this is like the one that was in use that day then it is worth every penny of $200.It was so quiet compaared to the *rap at Lowes that you had to lean down near it to hear it.It had super suction ,variable speed ,and the tool controled 115Volt outlet.Compared to the high end vac's it is a **** of a deal.
Greg

If its quiet enough that I don't have to sit it outside to run it then yeah, its worth the price.

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
Looks like the price is up to 270 now.

I was on the fence, guess I waited to long trying to convince myself it was worth it.

How often does it dip to 200?

fgarvin

New User
phr3d
This is the only time I've seen it at this price, back in Feb Toolking did have it on a daily special on Tooliday.com for $219. It was listed on toolking's site at $270 during the time Newegg had it for $199 (selling for Toolking).

I missed out too, I was trying to research if the Festool HEPA filters fit this, which I never did find out.

Looks like the price is up to 270 now.

I was on the fence, guess I waited to long trying to convince myself it was worth it.

How often does it dip to 200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS