Dewalt 12" Miter saw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Has anyone had to change arbor bearings on a Dewalt Chop Saw.My saw is 15 years old and has cut alot of wood over its lifetime and I noticed blade marks on my miters that make it seem like the blade has some side to side movement during the cut.The blade does feel like it can move more than it should,but I never really checked it before so I don't have a comparison.I'm wondering what kind of PIA it might be.Thanx

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
If you have play I would agree it is time to change the bearings. Not sure how to do it though. I have a DeWalt as well, and thankfully, haven't reached that stage yet.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg, might just be easier to buy the one Doug Robinson has for sale. Not cheaper but easier.

M

McRabbet

There is a Dewalt Service Center in Charlotte -- I'd call them for the appropriate parts.

1 .
factory-service.gif

3557-B WILKINSON
Charlotte NC 28208
Phone: 704-392-0245
Driving Directions...

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Rob,
I just picked up my jointer from there and while I was there I purchased the appropriate parts,bearings.My question was, had anybody done the deed themselves and if so what problems/quirks did they encounter.It would take too long to bring it into the service center plus they close at 5pm and there not open on Saturday.Thanx for the info,

greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors