Design and verify

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am quite sure this sign looked good on paper but in reality it is almost impossible to read. Please note the organizations name, if you can read it.
I drive by this almost everyday and it serves as a good reminder to follow a plan but always make sure you are producing the expected result - change your process as required.

IMG_5653.jpg
IMG_5654.jpg

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Lack of contrast is something that jumps out at me - my old eyes need more contrast everyday.
The busy background makes reading this even more difficult.

Good work by a 'center of design'

DavidK

New User
David
That is amazingly hard to read. Both the wall and the sign look great, but not together.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
There are very few great sign designers now. When the computer vinyl plotters got cheap enough that almost anybody could buy one the market was flooded and quality went to the lowest common denominator. Same way with laser cutters and CNC routers now. When anybody can do it then price is the only consideration and quality goes down the drain.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
It' that way all over. Working with plans that specify an anchor designed for use with a 5/8" bolt but the engineer specified 3/4" bolts on the plans. Good thing I've got a drill press with a tilting table...............

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
I see this kind of thoughtless- what would you call it- form over function? All the time. We just watched a subtitled movie and roughly a third of the subtitles couldn't be seen as the text was white on white. Worse is my flying magazine. Not only is the type too small, but the designers lay it on a photo where invariably some of it disappears when the color gets close. Cancel.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I see this kind of thoughtless- what would you call it- form over function? All the time. We just watched a subtitled movie and roughly a third of the subtitles couldn't be seen as the text was white on white. Worse is my flying magazine. Not only is the type too small, but the designers lay it on a photo where invariably some of it disappears when the color gets close. Cancel.
Flying mag is great particular reason you read this?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS