dentil banding

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

misterbeal

I'm trying to find some 5mm dentil banding to repair an old sideboard, but am having no luck locating the design and size I need on the Internet. :eusa_booh Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 

SteveColes

Steve
Staff member
Corporate Member
First welcome to the site:eusa_clap

Could you post a picture of what your trying to match with all the measurements? That might help
 
M

misterbeal

I'm looking for 5mm dentil banding in what is called a "Rope" design.
 

SteveColes

Steve
Staff member
Corporate Member
For those of us who don't know would mind explaining the difference between dentil banding and dentil moulding

Thanks
 
M

misterbeal

SteveColes said:
For those of us who don't know would mind explaining the difference between dentil banding and dentil moulding

Thanks
First, let me say that, as Insomniac has pointed out to me, dentil banding is one thing, rope banding quite another. I'm a novice at this business and had confused the two, so you might want to ask someone more knowledgable than I am. But I think dentil molding (like other types of molding) is what one finds between the wall and the ceiling of a room, whereas dentil banding (like other types of banding) is a narrow decorative strip often used along the edges of furniture.

Bill
 

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
misterbeal said:
First, let me say that, as Insomniac has pointed out to me, dentil banding is one thing, rope banding quite another. I'm a novice at this business and had confused the two, so you might want to ask someone more knowledgable than I am. But I think dentil molding (like other types of molding) is what one finds between the wall and the ceiling of a room, whereas dentil banding (like other types of banding) is a narrow decorative strip often used along the edges of furniture.

Bill
Bill,

I am taking a giant step and assuming you have woodworking tools and if so, have you considered making you own? I have made on occassion dental molding which is applied in conjunction with some type of crown molding at the top of a piece of furniture.
You can see from this photo the dental molding just below the crown molding at the top. I cut this on my radial arm saw.

Mike
 
M

misterbeal

mshel said:
Bill,

I am taking a giant step and assuming you have woodworking tools and if so, have you considered making you own? I have made on occassion dental molding which is applied in conjunction with some type of crown molding at the top of a piece of furniture.
You can see from this photo the dental molding just below the crown molding at the top. I cut this on my radial arm saw.

Mike
You are clearly light years ahead of me in woodworking skills. In addition, I have confused everyone by not knowing the difference between dentil molding and rope molding and by not making clear that what I am after is not molding, but banding. In any sensible woodworking organization, I would be expelled for incompetence. I think I've discovered a dealer in the UK that can supply what I need. Thank you anyway for your suggestion.

Bill
 

Monty

New User
Monty
AHH!!! You DID say "banding"!!!



Link


....sorry, I jumped to the conclusion of molding! :oops: (I think the "rope" thing threw me off... still don't know what you mean there)


Now you've got to post a pic of your project when you're done, so I can learn from YOU! :cool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS

Top