Delta Unisaw 36-945 3HP Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffL

New User
Jeff
I am new user, so apologies if this in the wrong forum. I am looking to upgrade my current old Delta Contractors saw to a Unisaw. There is one for sale on Craigslist for $1450. I have been watching the ads and this seems like a reasonable price. This saw is a 3HP with 30" Unifence and says platinum editiion and mobile base. I just want to see if I should hold out for 5HP or if there is anything unique about this model that I should be aware of. Any info about this particular saw would be appreciated.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I bought my eight year old 3HP Unisaw with 52" Beismeyer fence, side extension , outfeed table and mobile base for $800. Suggest you wait for a better deal.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I bought my eight year old 3HP Unisaw with 52" Beismeyer fence, side extension , outfeed table and mobile base for $800. Suggest you wait for a better deal.
AMEN. My 1.5 HP Uni does everything I ask of it. Of course it's been the resting place of a Craftsman radial arm saw since day one. Makes a GREAT support!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

I agree w/ Geoff. I think you can get a better deal than $1,450. And don't be afraid of a much older Unisaw. Mine is a 1982 model I bought used in 1998 and still works great. The older ones were built like tanks.

As for HP, 3 is probably enough unless you're a commercial shop cutting really heavy stuff 8 hours a day.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS