Delta T2 Fence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Can anybody tell me if this fence is worth a squat?
I have a good friend who wa given a Craftsman contractor's style saw. It's descent- full size cast table with two cast iron "web" style wings, belt driven. It has no fence with it. I'm thinking that this may be the cat's meow for his situation, if this fence isn't a POS. At $150, I'm telling myself that it cant be THAT bad for a beginner...
T2 Fence and Rail Package
028877545561.jpg

T

toolferone

Actually, I really like that fence. It is a good solid entry level fence. My main complaint with most inexpensive fence is that they lock front and rear. The T-2 does not. It is a small Biesemeyer clone. I sell a lot of saws with that fence.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Thanks, Tom. Your opinion means a lot to me. Garner Lowes has 2 in stock at that price so I'm going to advise him go go that route. :icon_thum

RobD

New User
Rob
Ditto what the others have said. I have it on my saw and love it. When I was shopping around for a tablesaw, I ended up going with the one I have now mainly due to that fence and the good reviews I read about it.

T

toolferone

Chris if he gets it, check on one thing. When the fence first came out it had a black metal cursor on the fence to line up on the tape measure. They later switched to a clear plastic cusor. The plastic one is MUCH better!!!!! It can be bought as a part from Delta and fits in the same holes.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Chris--------my 50" Vega fence may be for sale soon if you think he is interested. PM for more details.:)

Jerry
Thanks Jerry, but a 30" fence is more in line with his space limitations and his needs.

Sweet! I'll be unpacking it in the middle of Lowes then! :eusa_danc
It's fun to see someone who has a newly acquired case of WGD...and feed their habit!
I've almost got him talked into a set of the retractible casters for contractor saws that Woodcraft sells.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I've almost got him talked into a set of the retractible casters for contractor saws that Woodcraft sells.

I have been thinking about those for my Jet. in my current space it would be a great idea, but considering a different space entirely, which may involve building a rather large box for the saw to sit on.... Jerry, how much for that Vega? pm sent.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
yeah, it looks like Jerry almost let the cat out of the bag! but he is holding his cards pretty close to the vest, didn't even let it out in PM!

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Sooooooo...whadja buy to replace the Vega, huh, huh???? Is this a stealth pre-gloat move? :lol:

Chuck

Nothing like a good mystery filled with suspence:rolf: Maybe I should drop some clues-:eusa_thin . As if I have not already:slap: . I have just been too busy to take pics for the official announcement to be legit:roll: .

Jerry

eezlock

New User
Jim Heffner
Chris, I have that same Delta T-2 30" fence and rails on my saw and love it!It was a big upgrade from the stock fence I had on the saw previously.
Check with lowe's they put them on sale regularly for $135.00 + tax,
not a bad price in my opinion...they are worth it! They are a good copy of the Biese. just not as expensive, if installed properly they will be dependable and reliable and you won't regret buying it! eezlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors