Delta T2 fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodrat

New User
Archie
Anyone ever taken the Delta T2 fence System(Biesemeyer clone)and put it on
a different table saw? :dontknow:

I've been contemplating putting one on my older model Sears hybrid saw. :eusa_thin
So, I need to know any problems encountered, helpful hints, etc.
Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks,

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
That's the one I'm running on my Craftsman. I really like the fence, but I don't have much to compare it to. The only other fence I've used is the factory original that came on my dad's old craftsman.

The only issues I had were that the holes didn't line up perfectly. I had to bore a couple of holes for mounting. Other than that it went pretty easy. OH YEAH, the measuring tape is off by exactly one inch. I could replace it, but I generally measure from the blade to the fence before I cut anyways.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
I have one installed on a circa 1950's Craftsman "100" that I rebuilt. I like it a lot. It was a used unit that came on another parts saw. It did need a couple of holes drilled in the main mounting angle to get everything matched up to the saw table, but that was mainly careful measuring. It adjusts easily and locks up tightly. It was easy to calibrate in all directions.

It is not as robust or large as the Bies, but it works for everything I have needed it to do for home and small furniture projects. I do not do a lot of work with sheetgoods or 8/4 hardwoods.

The fence system was missing the back support rail (which is just a powder coated piece of angle iron with some holes in it) when I bought it. I called Delta for a replacement. I was told it was going to be $75.00 plus SHI. I passed on buying it and found an old bed frame by the roadside. I drilled and installed the piece of angle iron and that has been OK for the back support. It has no other function.

I have seen them for sale at Lowes for $135.00, so maybe you could find a sale or coupon. I think you would be hard pressed to build one for 2/3rd that price and that does not count your time to get the materials and assemble it.

Go For it.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I didn't try drilling the holes in the rails. It was easier/quicker for me to mark the holes from the rails onto the saw and then drill those out.

I guess if I really wanted the tape to match up I could've drilled new holes all around, but I didn't and haven't thought about going back and redoing it.

woodrat

New User
Archie
I have one installed on a circa 1950's Craftsman "100" that I rebuilt. I like it a lot. It was a used unit that came on another parts saw. It did need a couple of holes drilled in the main mounting angle to get everything matched up to the saw table, but that was mainly careful measuring. It adjusts easily and locks up tightly. It was easy to calibrate in all directions.

It is not as robust or large as the Bies, but it works for everything I have needed it to do for home and small furniture projects. I do not do a lot of work with sheetgoods or 8/4 hardwoods.

The fence system was missing the back support rail (which is just a powder coated piece of angle iron with some holes in it) when I bought it. I called Delta for a replacement. I was told it was going to be $75.00 plus SHI. I passed on buying it and found an old bed frame by the roadside. I drilled and installed the piece of angle iron and that has been OK for the back support. It has no other function.

I have seen them for sale at Lowes for $135.00, so maybe you could find a sale or coupon. I think you would be hard pressed to build one for 2/3rd that price and that does not count your time to get the materials and assemble it.

Go For it.

Mark,

Thanks for that bit of info.

I guess I'm not the only one that is not real happy with the 'stock' fence
on the older Craftsman saws. The one on my saw is what they called
the 'Align a Rip". It is ok but, is very ornery to realign when it gets out of
whack. And it gets out of whack quite a lot.

I have to measure the blade to fence, front and rear, every time I change
the distance. Not a bad idea to do that once in a while, but I have to do
it every time just to be sure it is square to the blade. I can't trust it.:BangHead:

I guess the reason for that is there is only a very small area that actually
locks it in place, and that is on the rear rail. A small piece about 1/2 to 3/4
inch wide that clamps to the rail.

Thanks again for the information. I'll get one right after Christmas unless it
goes on sale before that.

Thanks again,

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The reason Sears called it the "Align a Rip" is every time you used it to rip, you had to align it. Best thing I ever did to mine was add homemade Bies clone. Sold the fence and gave away the saw.

woodrat

New User
Archie
The reason Sears called it the "Align a Rip" is every time you used it to rip, you had to align it. Best thing I ever did to mine was add homemade Bies clone. Sold the fence and gave away the saw.

Ain't that the truth....:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS