DELTA industrial 20 inch Band Saw - $2500 (Raleigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Not Mine: Not sure how good a deal, but had to post, since I love the lines on this beast.

Classic and looks to be in great shape.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/2254158363.html

DELTA industrial 20 inch Band Saw - $2500 (Raleigh)

Date: 2011-03-08, 1:14PM EST
Reply to: sale-5uzav-2254158363@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am down sizing my shop so I am selling my Band Saw it is a 2 speed wood and non ferius metal machine This saw in excellent condition it has only been used for maybe 10 hours total. It was origionaly 3 phase, I replaced the motor with a baldor 2 hp. and it is wired for 220 volt single phase, it has a foot brake, dust hook up port, heavy duty fence. It weighs about 800 lbs. and is built to work 8 hrs. a day 7 days a week , I have seen these saws in factorys all over the world and they have been a work hoarse in many types of manufacturing plants.
Made in USA origional cost was over $5000.00 plus $400.00 for the fence and $150.00 for the work lamp. I can give the specs to serious enquires Thank You for looking

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3k93m73oa5V25Y05T6b38724222792067163d.jpg
3mb3o33l05Z15U35P3b38db5e5735f3f51a75.jpg
3n13k23m25Y05Q65T2b3851a3ac2b8b7c136c.jpg
3nf3ma3of5Q55X15S5b38f55ae2b9f5a51a54.jpg

PostingID: 2254158363

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
How the heck did he get it out of the garage for a pic, It looks like its on a dolly. I wouldn't dare tilt it to fit under the door. OTH, nice bandsaw!

Sully

New User
jay
I used to have one very similar to that. It will just fit under a standard sized garage door on a low dolly.

J

manfre

New User
Manfre
I think he's posted this a few times, so there might be some wiggle room in his requeted price.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
If I had that bandsaw I know I would be impaling myself or getting my shirt caught in those table runners all the time.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I think he's posted this a few times, so there might be some wiggle room in his requeted price.

Manfre,

Yes he has...again, not sure on pricing, but original price he quoted ($5,000) includes PH3 motor, etc..

Replaced with Baldor 2hp motor. So therefore should be cheaper. But how much?

A little overkill for reg sized GAR Shop, but for some of those with Big Toys, .....:eusa_thin

Anyhoo, a good conversation piece/ thread conversation....

M

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Just curious why it should be cheaper with a single phase motor. There is more demand for single phase as opposed to dealing with 3 phase.

Greg

manfre

New User
Manfre
Not sure what would be deemed a good value. He also has it listed on eBay for several hundred more. For $100 + shipping more, it's possible to buy a brand new (different model) delta 20" with a 3 ph motor that looks to be a little bit smaller.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Just curious why it should be cheaper with a single phase motor. There is more demand for single phase as opposed to dealing with 3 phase.

Greg

Greg,

Again, without doing some hard price research (Commercial/retail vs Industrial) , this person is taking a Industrial tool and re-tooling to fit a commercial/retail market.

This tool is now competing with 18 to 20 in models, which may not command that high a price.

Even at the 50percent used rule of thumb (remember Industrial, new price) this still would be higher than a used commercial/retail equipment with roughly the same dimensions.

Hope this makes a little sense. I would need to go to Woodcraft, Klingspor and find new retail for a saw around this size and then price it down to @ 50% retail.

IMHO

M

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Matt,
I'm not too sure you can go anywhere and find something new to comparison shop against that Delta.This saw was not designed by some moron marketing clown.It's built like the last saw you will ever have to buy.Before you try to put a value on it without even being familiar with the saw you should go see it ,if nothing else,you can see what the cra* today should be built like.Compare this saw to a PM 1800 and then you have apples to apples within reason.
Greg

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Matt,
I'm not too sure you can go anywhere and find something new to comparison shop against that Delta.This saw was not designed by some moron marketing clown.It's built like the last saw you will ever have to buy.Before you try to put a value on it without even being familiar with the saw you should go see it ,if nothing else,you can see what the cra* today should be built like.Compare this saw to a PM 1800 and then you have apples to apples within reason.
Greg

Greg,

Yes, you are right. There isn't anything to compare to. By swapping out the motor ( probably to make it more marketable to industrial/professional/retail buyer), changes the complexion of this tool. BTW, I haven't tried to put a Dollar value on this tool, only make certain assumptions on its current pricing (asking).

This makes it difficult to value, accurately. The only way is through market forces

(supply/demand). Since it hasn't sold, at current asking price.....this tells me it is overpriced, due to previously stated assumptions.

This has nothing to do with the Brand, how it was made, etc......... quality of tool, etc...

To me, its a question of what a buyer is willing to pay for this unique piece of equipment.

Respectfully,

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS