Delta 36-600 arbor nut needed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Hey, I have a Delta 36-600 table saw and the arbor nut (p/n Delta Hex Nut - 902012012567) is very hard to come by. The nut I current have has been worn down over the years and now almost impossible to get off as it's been so rounded off (even before I bought it used). The threads are in perfect condition but the 15/16" wrench just does not want to fit any longer and the next size down is too small. I took the nut to a local machine shop and they want $75 to mill down the nut to the next dimension...no thanks.

I did find the part on eReplacements but it'll be $18+ shipped and several days. I know it's a stretch but any chance anyone in the Piedmont Triad area that has an extra of the item that I could buy from you for say $15 ? Sorry for short notice but I'll need to place my order this afternoon otherwise.

Thanks either way !

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I had to replace one probably 10 years ago. IIRC, it was around $11, plus S&H. Don't have a clue where I got it. It's that darn left-hand thread that makes it so expensive, I guess. Have you checked w/ someone like Fastenal to see if they carry a 5/8", left-hand thread nut. I don't know the thread count.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I have a Delta Shaper that was missing a pair of 1/2" Acme thread nuts. Although I could position the cutter without the nuts being in place, it was very difficult to get it just right. I searched around the area over the past year trying to find Acme thread nuts, but finally ordered them on line. 2 1/2" Acme thread nuts at $12.00, shipping $13.00 for a total of $25.00. I rounded off the dollars and dropped the cents, which was just over the $25.00 mark. The cost was extreme, but the amount of time driving around and stopping at various places cost more than $25. Sometimes, the most expensive solution, may turn out to be the cheapest. :icon_scra
Good luck finding your arbor nut.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
I appreciate all of the feedback; looks like ereplacements is my best option; from my research the McMaster Carr does not fit (wrong thread count) & eBay can be a hit or miss

Thanks again !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I appreciate all of the feedback; looks like ereplacements is my best option; from my research the McMaster Carr does not fit (wrong thread count) & eBay can be a hit or miss

Thanks again !

Interesting, I guess Delta made up their own thread pitch! its 5/8 diameter isnt it? They have 2 pitches

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Update- so our lovely USPS in NC took from last Saturday until yesterday to get my order to me (went from Utah to Raleigh in a couple days); so thinking they lost it I called ereplacements and they ordered me a new one for free including shipping; the next day the first one showed up (go figure); good thing is it fit perfect on my Delta 36-600 !!! Now I'll have a back up nut just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS