Definition of scrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I'll post when I get the walnut pile and now it looks like there will be some Hickory on the floor too....:lol:

M

McRabbet

IMHO, the only things that qualify as scrap are those end-products of woodworking that have no more usable life -- very little of my end-product (woodworking that is), are wasted: power and hand tool sawdust, plane chips, lathe chips and drilling chips all get bagged and are used for soil amendment or mulch (if coarse); offcuts from the table or miter saw get stacked and sorted for jig blocks or push sticks or smaller work pieces. I do admit, however, that the short end cut off a 2x4 that I've just squared up ain't worth much, but it would end up in the mulch bag. If I just had a nice little pot bellied stove, there would be no waste at all... 'cept maybe MDF gravy....:roll:

Rob

cskipper

Cathy
I'll definitely verify SteveD's scrap pile is worth raiding, as is WG's! Anytime you guys want me to come by just let me know! The definition of scrap has caused quite a bit of angst in our home (me being a packrat and all), both wood-related and not. DH builds things - benches, drawers, doors..., I use a scroll saw and lathe. I have to go through his scrap pile fairly often. I've even rescued a number of future pens from there. Heck, we even use our sawdust in the garden or give it to a friend who uses it in their barn! So IMHO, there is no such thing as scrap (wood, that is).

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Oh, I use the sawdust - mulch central...

After 200 sanding blocks, I just have to draw the line.:lol:

cskipper

Cathy
SteveD and others who actually have a wood scrap pile - please don't change your practice. Just call us for pick-up arrangements:lol: !

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
DavidF said:
To be continued.... I have a project, soon to be revealed made from SCRAP!!

Cool a DavidF project with a DaveO twist........I like it. I look forward to the debut David.

D L

DavidF

New User
David
Sapwood, Bernard and I are having a pre-launch party at chillis in Apex Lunch time - press, show girls etc.....

sapwood

New User
Roger
DavidF said:
Sapwood, Bernard and I are having a pre-launch party at chillis in Apex Lunch time - press, show girls etc.....
Actually it's a Euro Summit with a hillbilly moderator :mrgreen:

Sapwood (aka foothill rube)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
DavidF said:
sapwood said:
Actually it's a Euro Summit with a hillbilly moderator :mrgreen:

Sapwood (aka foothill rube)

:rolf: .........I am going to turn the TV on and watch for the Breaking News to hit the wires.:icon_thum

D L

DavidF

New User
David
Even more.. some of "the things" are being exported to New Zealand in a couple of weeks as a gift - watch this space... an under whelmimg experience is waiting for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors