DC woes...

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Ugh, ordered a 6" x 10' hose to connect my 2 HP Grizzly DC directly to my planer. The planer has a 5" port, so I also ordered a 5" to 6" connector. Went to hook everything up this evening and well, the DC inlet is 5". Actually, a little less than that. Why did I think it was 6"???? UgH!!

I obviously never actually measured the dang thing!

I can't tell you how many times I've almost purchased a bunch of 6" PVC to install a permanant collection system. Good thing I didn't.

Last edited:

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
David, find someone nearby with a 3D printer and have them print you some adapters. I've done this for most of the special adapters I've needed in my shop. They work great and you can even design them with a slight taper so they get tighter as you wiggle them on!

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Nothing a little duck tape can't fix.

So what is th eproblem? Yo just need to get a HVAC 5 to 6 adapter. Nothing wrong with the hose being 6 inch.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Nothing a little duck tape can't fix.

So what is th eproblem? Yo just need to get a HVAC 5 to 6 adapter. Nothing wrong with the hose being 6 inch.
Understood. Was just frustrated. Never really measured the DC inlet and made the assumption it was 6". Guess Ive just read too many posts here about running 6" pipe.

I'll make it work one way or the other. Lol

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS