DC motor controller

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Hank,

Just keep in mind that your motor wants 15.9 amps at 90 volts DC. Anything that you hook it to needs to be capable of providing at least this much 15.9 amperes at 90 volts DC or a higher amperes at 90 colts DC in order to power that motor without letting the magic smoke out. I can't see all of the tags in the photos, but that 12 volt at 0.8 amperes is certainly not big enough. Find the rest of the tags, like for that last power supply, and maybe I can help.

Charley

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I didn't look at it last night, but did think about it and see that some of the wires from the "head" HMI / user interface come to this point on the board...
So that is the most likely spot - but I think I am going to order a/some rectifiers and use one like the YT video from mikemanmade
I can waste $20-$30 and some time because that seems so simple...

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank,

Just keep in mind that your motor wants 15.9 amps at 90 volts DC. Anything that you hook it to needs to be capable of providing at least this much 15.9 amperes at 90 volts DC or a higher amperes at 90 colts DC in order to power that motor without letting the magic smoke out. I can't see all of the tags in the photos, but that 12 volt at 0.8 amperes is certainly not big enough. Find the rest of the tags, like for that last power supply, and maybe I can help.

Charley
Yes, thanks Charles - I think that 12V transformer is/was used to power the HMI (user interface - touch pad) just too old and feeble to remember!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Update
IT is WORKING!!

I will try to post a picture, but I found a problem on the board - the AC inputs had broken their solder joints so I pulled the board and resoldered them.
I added a 10K Ohm potentiometer per the manual and it runs the motor and adjusts the speed. YEAH!

Now, I have to add a switch and reversing switch and mount it all - which with yard work and other "honey-do" items may delay this for some time...

Thank you to everyone for your help and input!

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Hank - that’s great to hear.
Troubleshooting can be a lot more satisfying than check writing.
(When it works)

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I did buy a panic button and a power switch, and a reversing switch - but getting everything in a box and not making a wiring rat's nest... there's a challenge!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bigger box
:p

Yea, but does the power switch, panic button AND the reversing switch all belong in the same box? That is the question…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Yea, but does the power switch, panic button AND the reversing switch all belong in the same box? That is the question…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok
3 boxes and some blue tape but don't panic cause if that doesn't work there is always gorilla glue. ;)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS