DC Canister Source Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayH

New User
Ray
I have a Delta 50-760 dust collector with the original bag filter. Its collection capacity is great for my needs, but I want to replace the bag with a more efficient/effective canister filter. So far I have only found mail-order Wynn filters as a possible replacement. Does anyone know of any other alternatives? Can anyone share their experience with making such a change? Higher airflow is an excellent benefit, but better filtration is my need.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ray

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ray I know Bas put a Wynn on his harbor freight DC. Send him a PM in case he does not see this thread.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Go over to Phil Thien's web site and check out installing a "Thien Baffle" into you Delta. Drastically reduces the amount of stuff going to the upper bag / filter. Total costs less than 20 bucks.

RayH

New User
Ray
Bruce,

Thanks for the response. I have a Thien separator in series before the Delta DC. It does a great job on chips and dust, but I feel like I still get a bunch of the small fines out of the Delta. I'm trying to cut this back.

Thanks again,
Ray

Glennbear

Glenn
I have a Delta 50-760 and with it's 1 micron bag it came out on top for performance in a test against several similar machines a few years ago. Some of the other machines had the efficency of a $10 box fan and a window screen. :gar-La; I can understand your desire to increase performance even more. On the Wynn site there is an illustrated article on 50 -760 installation posted by a user you may find helpful
http://www.wynnenv.com/delta_50-760.htm.

Altough this illustrated installation seems to be ideal being the incorrigible tinkerer that I am if I was converting my Delta I would fabricate an external hold down for the cartridge in lieu of the turnbuckles for easier removal when doing cartridge cleaning. :wsmile:

Last edited:

RayH

New User
Ray
Altough this illustrated installation seems to be ideal being the incorrigible tinkerer that I am if I was converting my Delta I would fabricate an external hold down for the cartridge in lieu of the turnbuckles for easier removal when doing cartridge cleaning. :wsmile:

Glenn,
:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum on that. As shown, it looks like a lot of scraped knuckles.

Thanks,
Ray

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I have one of the Wynn Environmental filters on my old HF DC. It works very well when clean. I need to take compressed air to it periodically to blow out the fines. The only drawback I have found is that mine does not have the built in flapper to take of this issue. (I have seen a plan for making a DIY flapper forr it but never got around toit.)

Nice addtion to your DC system though. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors