Day 50 of the Raffle

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Today is day 50. The raffle is on day 65. This is where we currently stand with ticket sales.

Ticket Sales:

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
We have a really long way to go and a short time to get there. Is that a quote from a song? How true though. Let's purchase those tickets - your chance to win is great at present.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Maybe everyone is waiting for the curly tickets. It's been reported that they have a higher probability of being pulled. LOL!

Just needing a break from exam grading.:oops:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Perhaps those who haven't purchased tickets aren't looking at the raffle in its proper light. A very large number, over 10,000 individuals, have enjoyed and learned from the content provided by others on this website. That content has been, and hopefully will continue to be provided free. As members of NCWW there has never been a cost for that membership, but yet it costs money to run the website and administer the many associated programs associated with NCWW. Everyone who has benefited through membership here should buy a few tickets to insure we continue to operate in the same manner. Again, there are no dues, but a contribution, in the form of buying a raffle ticket, would be greatly appreciated, and you stand a high chance of winning a valuable prize. This is not gambling, but an event to seek donations to keep our website and many educational woodworking programs operating for the advantage of everyone.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We haven't had a fund drive in 3 years, do you really want to go back to having every other post asking for a donation this Fall?

With the raffle you get a chance to win some pretty nice prizes. Isn't that a fair trade off?

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
As Mike said we've pretty much replaced our two fund drives with a single very good raffle to raise money for the site. If we don't make our goals for the raffle then we'll need to solicit other funds via donations - which are always welcome, btw. But we'd rather have you give us money for a chance to win outstanding prizes than for us to have to beg for donations.

The raffle also helps us promote the many generous vendors that contribute entire gifts to the raffle and those that provide us with a very substantial discount to make the grand prizes available. You not only help us, but help these great donors by buying tickets and supporting our cause of woodworking education to young and old.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm busy once a day tearing tickets off the roll and putting them in the drum for the drawing.

Make me busier!

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I agree that there are no excuses for not getting some raffle tickets - I've gotten $100 worth in two batches and may get some more before it is over... Since I used to run these raffles for several years (I did 7 over 4 years), I know the benefits to the organization and to the individuals that win prizes. In brief, it is a Win-Win situation!

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
i bought 10 earlier this morning, with no issues

RayH

New User
Ray
It worked okay, kinda, for me yesterday. It took a couple of false starts/restarts. Not sure if it was me or the software. Seemed harder than earlier years. But, then, I'm getting older.;)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS