DSCF0006.JPG
    398 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    363 KB · Views: 242

DavidF

New User
David
Oops, I made them too big - sorry! what's the best size for posting in side a post?

Please don't compare my shop with insomniacs -his is Sooo nice.:jealous:

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Maybe 800x800? I can handle/llike bigger, but I think that was the concensious for most folks on here (there was a poll a while back).

Is that a noise reducing box for your dust collector in the back?

-Greg

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice Dave, very spacious and uncluttered. I expected more tools--apparently it's the craftsman, not the tools that make the difference.:)

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I agree with Roger's statement, I had expected to see much more machine wise, but beautiful things were built before electricity, and they still are now. Thanks, for posting the pics, the size doesn't bother me I have a big monitor. Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I just noticed that the pictures were post as attachments. If they had been upload to the photo gallery, they would have been auto resized to 800. Pictures as attachments are supposed to be limited to 640. But i Just looked and and I have settings wrong.

Any way, the best bet would be to upload to your album and then embed into the message. That way you get both the original size plus a default view that is no bigger than 800.

Attachments will not be resized and have a max of 640. Or at least they will be:lol:

Monty

New User
Monty
I like your shop space! You've got lots of floor space to move around - that's key to me. The whole reason I built cabinets, etc is to get things up off the floor - it drives me crazy having to step over things all the time.

DavidF

New User
David
Sapwood - I will pass your comments about not enough tools to Carol, I have been telling her that for years.

DaveO - I won't pass yours on - if she thinks I can manage I'm sunk!

Clowman - It's a Schoberg - Swedish, Beech - the "must have" bench for all European woodworkers - mine is the midsize, mid price, about $380.

Insomniac, Jonz - Floor space is very important to me, that's why I made the collapsable out feed table for the saw. A future project is an adjustable height assembly table that may double as an outfeed table. Then when I am using it for assembly, I can pull up the collapsable one, should work out ok. I very rarely have much wood around the place in between projects. I normally buy as required, that reduces somewhat the need to dedicate a lot of space to storage.

The whole shop is a dream for me. In UK I had an 8 x 12 "shed", in NH I had half a basement complete with support poles in all the wrong places. When we came down here and discovered the lack of basements.....well, I had to have something didn't I? It's 20 x 20 with 9ft ceiling. cost $12,000 for the bulider of the house to put up before we moved in.

Cloudancer - That is actually the kennel that our German Shepard travelled from UK in - she probably had more leg room than we did! it now is just storage for DC bits and pieces, elbows etc.

Thanks for all the interest - it's small, but it's home:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
David,

Nice shop :eusa_clap , how do you like the DeWalt saw? Where did you get your workbench, $380 sounds like a pretty good price. I envy your floor space. With my kitchen project I ordered 400 board foot of Walnut. With the humidity, I wanted to keep it in the shop where I can run the dehumidifier. I've had to fight my way around it for months now. The good news is that I'm ready to start on the doors and now I can chew through a bunch of it.

Steve D

DavidF

New User
David
Steve,

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=92988

Mine is the 1600mm in the picture that has been de-listed, I did get it a special price.

The Dewalt is fabulous - easy setup trunion and even mitre fence perfect angles straight out of the box. The sliding table is also really stable. Only complaint there is that the fence on the sliding table mitre is too short. I will probably end up building a cross cut sled as well.

I run it on 220 v and have no problems cutting anything I have thrown at it. Dust collection from below is not brilliant, but ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors