Cypress, Cedar, Teak

1075tech

Tim
Senior User
Can anyone recommend a place for cypress, white cedar or teak for some outdoor projects?

I'm in Surry County - Pilot Mtn.

Last edited:

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
West Penn near Hickory has teak, but it was $18/BF last I checked. Wall lumber in Mayodan has Cypress $4.60/BF for 4/4. Good luck with Cedar. You can find it, but it’s really hit or miss. I’m sure there is some decent cedar around, but you will either have to get lucky, pay more or do a lot of searching.

1075tech

Tim
Senior User
West Penn near Hickory has teak, but it was $18/BF last I checked. Wall lumber in Mayodan has Cypress $4.60/BF for 4/4. Good luck with Cedar. You can find it, but it’s really hit or miss. I’m sure there is some decent cedar around, but you will either have to get lucky, pay more or do a lot of searching.
Thank you. I appreciate it

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Can anyone recommend a place for cypress, white cedar or teak for some outdoor projects?
Helps to know where you are located, but I guess you did not ask for local sources.;)

I believe Capitol City Lumber in Raleigh near the NC fairgrounds has teak, and cypress; I am uncertain about white cedar. Cap City is not by any means an inexpensive source, but they carry a wide range of material and usually have stock.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Check the map of Lumber Dealers in the Resources tab at the top of the page. There is a place in China Grove that frequently has 4/4 Cypress.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Does anyone know the name of the place near China grove that has 4/4 teak? Thanks,
They don't carry Teak but have 4/4 Cypress most days. Call first.

NC Lumber and Supply China Grove

contactNo value
address2235 HWY 152 E China Grove NC 28023
webNo value
emailNo value
phone336-953 5477

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS