Not open for further replies.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
Last edited:

DWSmith

New User
David
I used the $199 version for almost a year. It worked well but was a little to small for my needs so I purchased an Oneida cyclone. If you buy one, go for the 6" inlet and outlet. If I were to give it a rating, on a scale from 1 to 10 I would give it an 8.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
I used the $199 version for almost a year. It worked well but was a little to small for my needs so I purchased an Oneida cyclone. If you buy one, go for the 6" inlet and outlet. If I were to give it a rating, on a scale from 1 to 10 I would give it an 8.

Good to hear. Since you say it was too small for your needs, I'm guessing that it was the cfm that was too low to pull chips/shavings/etc from some piece of equipment ??

I currently have a SCMS, drill press, bandsaw, table saw, belt sander and jointer that I would connect to a collection system and hope to add a planer sometime. Would the 6" be adequate for these machines or not ?

Thanks,
Brent

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Brent -

It all depends on the DC/Blower that you add to the subject units. It looks like the smaller unit is designed to be used with a large shop vac, while the larger unit is more suited to be used with a HF/Delta/Jet single stage DC in the 1000 cfm range.

Bear in mind that these are the cyclones only, no blower included!

Alot of the members here have had good success with the HF dust collector and a Thein separator, which can be fabricated for very little cost and are very efficient.

I'm kinda spoiled - I have a Clearvue which pulls about 1500+ cfm wide open, 800ish cfm through a 6" duct at the far end of my shop.

C.

DWSmith

New User
David
Good to hear. Since you say it was too small for your needs, I'm guessing that it was the cfm that was too low to pull chips/shavings/etc from some piece of equipment ??

I currently have a SCMS, drill press, bandsaw, table saw, belt sander and jointer that I would connect to a collection system and hope to add a planer sometime. Would the 6" be adequate for these machines or not ?

Thanks,
Brent

I was using the cyclone with a Grizzly G1030Z2 DC that had 2300 cfm. The cyclone was doing a good job and filled the bill for what I had then. However, I upgraded the equipment and was looking for more cfm and a larger unit so I sold it along with the DC. As I was using a machine, I would close off the other blast gates and it was pulling the jointer and planer chips up easily. If I needed another small cyclone, I would consider this one.

I'm no dust collection expert but I believe with the right duct work this cyclone could do a yoemans job for a small shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS