Cyclone dust collector drum liners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Finally had a little time for some woodworking this weekend, only to discover the dust collector bin was full. After emptying the bag I noticed I left a small trail of dust in the shop, the bag has sprung a small leak. Of course, this is my last bag, so duct tape to the rescue. It'll hold, but I should probably order some replacement ones.

The drum on the Shop Fox 1809 (similar to the Grizzly G0441) has a diameter of ~24", and is ~45" tall. Standard bags have a diameter of 20", which isn't going to fit.
Grizzly sells replacement bags, but a five pack with shipping comes to about $50. That seems a trifle excessive. Don't get me wrong, they're very nice thick bags and can be reused multiple times, but still...

Any suggestions?

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I have a pack of bags that came with my Grizzly drum liner (I think). I'll check the size later today to see if they might work for you.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
The bags I have are Grizzly part no.H8469. This is the bag Grizzly sells for the G0441 DC.

If they will work for you, you can have them.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I wonder if these would work:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#garbage-bags/=13j871q
Liners for Round Plastic Batch Cans, they have 8 mil bags
That's pretty close! The diameter is good, but they are almost 2ft taller than I need them. But I suppose that could be folded over a few times. Thanks for the pointer.

The bags I have are Grizzly part no.H8469. This is the bag Grizzly sells for the G0441 DC.
If they will work for you, you can have them.
Those should fit, I believe the drum the SF uses is identical to the G0441. I'll send you a PM. Super!!!!! :icon_thum

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Sounds like you are hooked up there Bas, but FWIW, we get our heavy duty sample bags at work from ULINE. If I'm doing the math right, you need a 38" x 48" bag, I would think 6 mil should be plenty heavy enough. ULINE's cat number is S11048, $107.00 per case of 50 ($2.14 per bag).

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Man, I gotta try that! I would LOVE to find something that would let me not have to take that barrel to the mulch pile every time!! Gonna measure mine up and give it a shot!! Mine is a plastic barrel with a Phil .......... diverter!

:eusa_danc

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Man, I gotta try that! I would LOVE to find something that would let me not have to take that barrel to the mulch pile every time!! Gonna measure mine up and give it a shot!! Mine is a plastic barrel with a Phil .......... diverter!

:eusa_danc
If you're going to put a liner in your trashcan, you'll need something to keep it in place. My cyclone comes with a fancy aluminum insert, but a rolled up piece of laminate works just as well.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I decided to quit using bags in the Cyclone DC Drum. I keep a 96 gallon trash can with wheels just outside the shop and dump the drum in there. Once it is full I roll it into the woods and dump it. The plastic liner was just more trouble than help - it kept getting in the way of the 'full' sensor and giving false readings. Now I don't have to mess with it or the frame that holds it in place. The drum is on wheels also so I just roll it out the door and to the dedicated trash can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS