Cutting metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
There have been a few times when I've wanted to cut some metal and I've never had an easy way to do so.

Check this out. Specifically, watch the video of it zipping through thick (relativelyl) steel plate!
Speeds are compatible with a standard circ saw.

Amazone has the 7.25" blade on sale for $20.54.

MikeH

New User
Mike
There have been a few times when I've wanted to cut some metal and I've never had an easy way to do so.

Check this out. Specifically, watch the video of it zipping through thick (relativelyl) steel plate!
Speeds are compatible with a standard circ saw.

Amazone has the 7.25" blade on sale for $20.54.

That is amazing! Check out the site and be sure to watch the video. Are you buying one Chris?

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Yup, pulled the trigger. I added some kreg hi-lo screws to get over the $25 hump for the free shipping.
I got a whole bunch of steel angle - some of it as large as 1/2" x 4" x 6" x 7' long - for free from a construction site. I want to use it to make a mobile base for my saw, but it's rough without a way to cut it. I'll let you know how this works!
Next, I'll be in the market for a used circ saw. I'd really rather not subject my nice DeWalt to this....

As an aisde, I know that many fire departments are utilizing blades like this up to 10" in circular saws for vehicle extrication.
Check out this video of slicing up a car! Can you believe people get paid to do this!

MikeH

New User
Mike
As an aisde, I know that many fire departments are utilizing blades like this up to 10" in circular saws for vehicle extrication.
Check out this video of slicing up a car! Can you believe people get paid to do this!

That video is awesome! How fun would that be? and handy too!

HootSC

New User
Robert G.
It's funny that I saw this thread, I just got through reading a thread on the Hobart weld talk forum and they were talking about metal cutting blades. The company representative for Bullet Industries got on and offered a 25% discount on a similar blade made by them. They have a 7.25 blade for 15$ and a 14" blade for $40. plus you'd get discount if you mention the thread on the weldtalk forum.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Plywood blade will also cut steel. It is called friction cutting. Of course, it isn't much good for plywood after cutting steel. Personally, I choose to use my horizontal bandsaw that is made for cuting metal.:eusa_dancPut the piece in it, turn it on, come back and it is done. Takes about ten minutes to saw through a 4" solid round. Try that with a hacksaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors