Cutting Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Another Christmas present ready to be wrapped.:eusa_danc

My first attempt at this type of ww'ing. Thanks DaveO for the inspiration. This started out to be two separate cutting boards using a plan called "Landscape Cutting Board". After preparing them, I set them side by side and liked the new look, so I trimmed them a little and this is what I got.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
SWEEEEET! I really like that. You did very good on it too :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Those are some tight curves, did you have to soak, steam or otherwise persude the pinstripes to bend that tight?
Great job, awesome gift!
Dave:)

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Dave, I soaked the strips in water, then clamped everything together and let it dry. Then removed the clamps, let it dry some more and applied glue (T-III) and applied the clamps again.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I had to soak some PH strips for one that I made. The next one I tried less tight of curves. I still had some trouble clamping everything together. I will probably soak the strips in the next batch I make this weekend.
Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Dolan that is gorgeous! Man, I like it!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That board should spend its life as "counter art". I hope a knife never kisses it.

Chuck

mac martin

New User
mac
great looking board.
If you do much of that bending - might suggest you check out mike dunbar ( the windsor chair guy) site, i believe he has a great little steamer that could cut down on bending time. I it's a easy do-it-yourself steamer.

J

jeff...

Splinter, I have to agree, It's way to nice to be hacking up with a kinfe or a meat cleaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS