Cutech spiral head vs dewalt 735

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyfontaine

New User
Jonny
Has anyone compared a cutech with a spiral head to a dewalt 735? It seems the Dewalt 735 is the current king of bench top planers but I've been looking at the cutech model, especially with the one with a spiral cutter. Can amyone way in on this as I've never used a cutech planer. Thanks so much

Danagawa

New User
D
There are a few other machines with the same setup. Rikon has one. I have seen the comparisons between the 735 and the rikon version and the 735 is still better on figured wood.

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
Unless I am misinterpreting, the Cutetech planer has 25 cutters. The cutterhead looks sparsely populated for a helical cutterhead (you can see picture in the parts section of the mfg site). I am not sure you can generalize from the broader experience of spiral cutterheads to this specific unit.

jonnyfontaine

New User
Jonny
So the DeWalt still leaves the Cutech in the dust! Sorry, pun intended. Thank you
There are a few other machines with the same setup. Rikon has one. I have seen the comparisons between the 735 and the rikon version and the 735 is still better on figured wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS