Custom fence material

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
This is an example of the stuff I'm talking about.
This particular stuff is 1.5" x 3" and it's about $31 for a 36" long piece.
1.5x3H.jpg

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
We use that stuff at work for proto-type work and test fixtures. Its real easy to work with, but can add up (for home use) really quickly.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I agree, it can add up quickly-especially the larger sizes.
But for a fence here and there, I think it's ideal. I bought a 36" piece of the 1.5" x 1.5" for a fence on a table saw mitre sled.

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
So they will do cusotmer lengths? I missed that the first time. Definitly a book mark for the future.

Monty

New User
Monty
So, do you have a piece of that stuff? Does it hold a typical 1/4-20 bolt head? Does it flex or twist? And what are all those choices under "End Finish"? I assume you got the first one, since that's the one that is $31/36".

chris99z71

New User
Chris
insomniac said:
So, do you have a piece of that stuff? Does it hold a typical 1/4-20 bolt head? Does it flex or twist? And what are all those choices under "End Finish"? I assume you got the first one, since that's the one that is $31/36".

I'll have to get back to you on the bolt head. I haven't built my mitre saw sled yet and I really haven't played with it that much.
No, it's very solid - I challenge anyone to flex it bare handed :)
Yes, I got the first option which is basically, just cut to length with no special milling/drilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS