Cultivator table

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Here is a table made of RO with walnut bowties. The legs are two sweep brackets off of an old Massie Ferguson plow. Fabricated frame made of 2" angle and pipe to fit the
sweeps. Wire brushed sweeps, treated with OSPHO and coated with BLO. Top is coated with tungoil. Feet are 4 small wooden ovals attached to sweeps with dowels.
DSC03160.JPG
DSC03161.JPG

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Really cool idea for the frame to repurpose the plow parts. Was there any sentimental reason?

The plow belonged to a neighbor gentleman farmer that treated my children like grandchildren and my wife and I like his family during our many years and tours I was stationed in Camp Lejeune, NC. He taught me and my son a lot about planting vegetable gardens. Instead of video games my children spent time on a transplanter pulled behind an old JD tractor transplanting collards, planting/digging potatoes and acres of sweet corn and watermelons. He passed away in early 2003 four years after I retired and bought a farm near his. He is dearly missed by many.

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
I always love these repurposed uses for things not always associated with woodworking. I put an oval WO tabletop on my Dads old Craftsman table saw base which was a repurposed treadle sewing machine base. I would post pics but it is on the way to Michigan from NC as I am in the middle of a move.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors