Cross-country moving costs for ww equipment

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
Bill-How do you pay for that? By the mile or pound? Any idea of the max weight?
I thought we paid by the mile. I have no idea how much it weighed. We only used 21 of the 28 feet, so we only got charged for 21 feet. They fill the rest of the trailer with other freight. A plywood divider is supplied to separate your stuff from the other freight. We paid about $3,500.00, three years ago.

FlyingRon

Ron
Can't vouch for UPACK but I packed an entire seven rank Pipe Organ (pipes, windchests, blower, console) in to a PODS container. The weight doesn't seem to be a problem (the blower and the console are heavier than any woodworking equipment I've used). I actually loaded it up with black plastic shelving (like you get from home depot to get more vertical stacking./

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I have made the move 3 times ............. all depends on what you see as not worth changing or not. When I moved this last time I left a lot of stuff in NC. Here was a Mantra I used.....a kinda triage... did I use it in the last 30 days ? , the last year?, The last 2 years......... No? then get rid of that 1st, then I I did it again on how much use and how hard or easy to replace it would be. The way I did that was to read Craigslist and see what items were being sold and for how much, then determine from there.

Then, there is the emotional connection of things consider, that's subjective. When I moved to the east the last time I used a POD (the kind you fill) There was a 9,500 lb limitation or something like that I moved all the heavy stuff in that thing and crate shipped the rest.

Left the furniture pretty much, table, couches and bed mattresses. That made consolidation way easier... and way cheaper. I made my move to NC for roughly 5k total.

The Company paid my relocation to Hawaii, so that was easy for me on that one. ......... Good luck ! and get ready for the fog /overcast skys.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Can't vouch for UPACK but I packed an entire seven rank Pipe Organ (pipes, windchests, blower, console) in to a PODS container. The weight doesn't seem to be a problem (the blower and the console are heavier than any woodworking equipment I've used). I actually loaded it up with black plastic shelving (like you get from home depot to get more vertical stacking./
One thing to be careful of with PODS..... they have a 3500# weight limit for a 16 foot unit!. I was planning on loading one up with lumber when I moved, I didnt discover this until It was in the driveway...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS