Craigslist lumber bundles

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
This looks interesting.

Bundles of various,lumber types at $3/bf

I do not have enough storage for a full bundle but perhaps there may be enough interest here to split bundles into more manageable quantities. These look like 500-600 bf each. I typically purchase about 200 bf of 8/4 at a time and much less with 4/4 stock.

They appear to have 8/4 KD walnut $3.75, 8/4 cherry $3 and some 4/4 lumber at $1/bf

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Jeff , I bought 80 Bf of 8/4 walnut from him , it’s a grade 2 but well worth what he’s asking. Great guy too, go have a look

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Chris, thanks for the update.
I actually prefer grade 2 as it has more character. The stuff from the lumber suppliers is awesome as you have very little waste but all of the grain is straight and there is very little character. Number two has knots which provides intersting grain patterns. This works great for the pieces I make a I typically have a lot of waste with chairs.
I did not realize he was selling by the BD as opposed to entire bundles. Does this guy keep a supply all the time or is this a one time deal?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I did not realize he was selling by the BD as opposed to entire bundles. Does this guy keep a supply all the time or is this a one time deal?
I agree grade 2 Walnut is MUCH more interesting than "firsts"
Maybe I am wrong, but the Ad states "aJust in pack of 8/4 walnut priced at $3.75 a bdft." Board Foot. right?
I would be interested if I can figure out the logistics! 5-6 boards for me...
Oh, and someone needs "eyes-on" to make sure there is still some color (Kiln dried...) and not a lot of checking or shakes)

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Hes got a supplier hes buying from and is starting to get into the resale business.... he has lots of other species laying around as well... take a trip and have a look, he seems like a good guy.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS