Craftsman Router

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
I've had this router for many years, and kind of fond of it. Why? I do not know, the older I get the more I appreciate older tools. Maybe it is a psychosocial attachment that I correlate with my age and somebody one day deciding I am not worth keeping anymore? Okay enough of that. LoL, I need the armature, mine is fried. Found one on ebay for $50.00. If I got to I will, but maybe you got one laying around collecting dust. I will provide it a good home for a reasonable price. Here is a pic of the model name plate.

Model # 315.17380
Router.jpg

DickF

New User
Dick
I don't have that one anymore - it was a good router. I got it hand-me-down from my Dad and I used it for a long time until the bearing housing cracked. It got a lot of use! I hope you can resurrect it.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Sometimes it's just about feel. A router has to feel right in your hands. Some just aren't comfortable or stable enough for me. I bought a Bosch router with the round wooden handles years ago and never use it. It doesn't feel stable to me.

I bought a jointer years ago and tried to haggle on price. Instead of lowering it the guy offered to throw a Hitachi router in to sweeten the deal. After taking the Hitachi home I never touched the Bosch again. I think I'll make a little bench top router table for it so I don't actually have to hold the darn thing.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I've had this router for many years, and kind of fond of it. Why? I do not know, the older I get the more I appreciate older tools. Maybe it is a psychosocial attachment that I correlate with my age and somebody one day deciding I am not worth keeping anymore? Okay enough of that. LoL, I need the armature, mine is fried. Found one on ebay for $50.00. If I got to I will, but maybe you got one laying around collecting dust. I will provide it a good home for a reasonable price. Here is a pic of the model name plate.

Model # 315.17380
View attachment 193429

I don't have the exact model, but...

1588346860239.jpeg
1588346877054.jpeg

...it's probably pretty close if you want it. Lightly used and even has some 20 year old sawdust on it. Worked just fine last time I used it. I retired it when I bought a couple of 1/2" collet Bosches.

Price is reasonable I think. Free and you pay shipping or arrange PE. Contact me via PM if you want to exchange transaction details. I'm in Durham.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Jim, I had that same router years ago. I had it repaired several times because the fan kept throwing blades. Finally sold it.

Roy G

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Great Big thanks to Jim for giving me his router! Man that thing runs like a dream! I just like those old Craftsman Routers. Stopped at Klingspor picked up an up cut spiral bit and a few other things, got home and put it in the router, then went to making sawdust. Today was a good day.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I just saw this thread...

20200502_203426.jpg

I got this in the big tool buy several years ago... Don't think I ever plugged it in. I guess I need to give it a try.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS