Couple of questions about voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Greetings Gents,

I had a few questions about when to end the voting for the election. Mainly, how has it been done in the past?

In my original post, I stated that " Voting will run until the NCWWer Spring Picnic, on May 14'th." I know that last year, Scott Smith accepted votes at the picnic, but I wasn't sure if this was done before. If I recall correctly, it was because of a need to break a tie.

Anyway, 72 of the 168 CM's have voted and I was going to post one more reminder to vote, either tonight or tomorrow. After that, I thought about closing the voting at midnight on Friday night (if that is possible/will have to talk to Jim). This is where my question comes in.

If there are three clear cut winners when I check the tally on Saturday morning, do I need to collect votes at the picnic? I don't mind doing it, if that is customary, and I certainly don't mind doing it if the online vote ends in a tie. But I was planning on devoting my time at the picnic to helping with all of the other work that needs to be done. Just wondering..... :eusa_thin

M

McRabbet

I concur with Joe unless there is a tie or no clearcut winner (<five vote margin between 3rd and 4th).

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
We have always let people vote up until noon at the picnic. I did that 2 years ago. We did continue voting after noon once in order to break a tie. I would close on-line voting as stated, but would allow corporate members to vote up until noon. e have set a precedent and some people may be planning on voting that way. I would not want more complaints like we get when we have done drawings different from the way we stated previously.

Doug

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I agree on-line voting to stop at 2000 on Friday and paper ballots accepted until noon on Sat.

M

McRabbet

Ok by me, too -- didn't realize we had set a precedent, so let's not upset the apple cart.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Ok, so it looks like we've agreed to end online voting at 2000, aka 8:00pm tomorrow night. After that, I will accept written ballots until noon on Saturday at the picnic. Sounds good. I'll go ahead an post a reminder to the CM's. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS